McBride, Market Square, Lisburn - Hope Lily is
better, please drop a line and tell me, am sending you one of Fathers
pictures. Love to all. Hoping to hear you are all well. Your Cousin, Lena
1) 18th July 1903 Postmark Londonderry to Mrs. Dales, Fairview, Saintfield,
Co. Down - Derry, Saturday. I'll be in Saintfield tonight by the last train.
I would be too tired if I came on Monday morning. Yours I. Arbuckle
2) 14th August 1904 Postmarks Lisburn & Saintfield to Miss Ena Carlisle,
Downpatrick Street, Saintfield - When you are sitting all alone. Thinking of
the past. Remember you have got a friend who will forever last. Though many
miles divide us and your face I cannot see but remember it was Louie sent
this loving card to you.
3) 5th September 1904 Postmark Londonderry to Mrs. Dales, Fairview,
Saintfield, Co. Down - 41 Bond Street, Londonderry. 5.9.04 Dear Mrs. Dales,
I got home all right, but had a hurry to catch the train at York Street. It
looks like wet weather just now. Hope it won't continue. I suppose you are
enjoying your holidays by this time like myself. I shall write later on and
tell you the news in general. Yours very sincerely J. Arbuckle
4) 1st October 1904 Postmark Londonderry to Mrs. Dales, Fairview,
Saintfield, Co. Down - 41 Bond Street, Londonderry. Dear Mrs. Dales, I shall
be down by last train tomorrow night (Sunday) Yours sincerely I. Arbuckle
1) 20th June 1905 Postmarks Belfast & ? - Mrs. Carlisle, Downpatrick St.,
Saintfield - Ena & Lily are both well. Some of us will be down this week if
dry. J. D.
2) 18th July 1905 Postmark ? to Mrs. Carlile, c/o Mrs. Dales, Fairview,
Saintfield, Co. Down - 5 Moat Avenue, Donaghadee, Tuesday. I have been
watching for P.C. each morning but it struck me in bed this morning that I
perhaps had forgotten to put an address on my P.C. Hoping to hear from you
soon. What day you can come. M. Ma?y
3) 2nd September 1905 Postmark Belfast to Mrs. H. H. Carlisle, Saintfield -
Dear J. Mother was sorry to hear about Aunt not being able to be up. But we
hope she is better by now. Minnie has got the place. If you have time write
& let us know how she is. Love to all. Yours Liz.
4) 10th September 1905 Postmark Lisburn & Saintfield to Miss Ena Carlisle,
Downpatrick Street, Saintfield, Co. Down - Dear Ena, I am sending you a post
card for your Album, have you got many yet. I hope Baby & Lily are well,
From your cousin Jeannie
5) 21st September 1905 Postmark Edinburgh to Mrs. Dales, Fairview,
Saintfield, Ireland - Edinburgh. 20th Sept. 1905. Am enjoying myself here,
good health, good weather, good company. Hoping you are quite well by this
time. H. C. D.
1) 8th July 1907 Postmark Lisburn to Mrs. Carlisle, Coney Island, Ardglass -
Dear J. You may expect some of our folks on Wednesday if weather be fine.
Glad you are enjoying yourselves. Your loving Cousin, Jeannie
2) 12th August 1907 Postmark Belfast to Mrs. Dales, Fairview Cottage,
Saintfield, Co. Down - Dear Aunt C., Mother asked me to let you know that
Sam is going up to Keady he has got a situation a manager in the mill. His
is going on the 9th Sept. & Minnie is going to Dublin on 16th Sept. Sam will
not be able to get out to see you before he goes as he leaves off in
Edenderry on 7th & commenced in the new place on the 9th. Mother would like
you to come in soon. write & let me know what day you will come, yours in
haste Lizzie, love to all
3) 16th August 1907 Postmark Belfast to Mrs. Carlisle, Saintfield, Co. Down
- Dear Mrs. C., I'm a long white in fulfilling my promise to send a P.C. But
better late than never. Mother would like you to come up any time that suits
you . Do come soon & bring some of the children, hope they are all well. We
are going to Donaghadee next week so arrange to come soon with love to all
the little ones. I am your Lily Irvine. 62 Castlereagh Street, Belfast
4) 2nd September 1907 Postmark Newcastle to Mrs. Dales, Fair View,
Saintfield - Dear Aunt, We will expect you all up on Saturday, the weather
is fine here. Lottie
5) 10th September 1907 Postmark Dromore to Master Willie Carlisle, Down
Street, Saintfield, Co. Down - Dear Willie, I am enjoying myself well. Ena
6) 11th September 1907 Postmark Lisburn to Miss Ena Carlisle, Down Street,
Saintfield, Co. Down - Dear Ena, The steam thrasher is here now and I have
great fun. I was at Flushill and saw Baby. With Love From Lily xxxx to
7) 13th September 1907 Postmark Dromore to Miss Lily Carlisle, c/o Mr.
Dales, Drumra Hill, Boardmills, Lisburn - Dear Lillie, I am learning to ride
and enjoying myself, we are all well, with love from Ena
8) 2nd December 1907 Postmark Belfast to Mr. Carlisle, Vet. Surgeon,
Saintfield, Co. Down - Ballygowan, 2nd Dec. 07. Dear Sir, Sorry I cannot get
to your place today, will go tomorrow morning. Mary McKeown
9) 30th December 1907 Postmark Dromore to Master Harry Carlisle, c/o Mrs. H.
H. Carlisle, Saintfield, Co. Down - Church View, Monday, Many thanks for
your good wishes, glad to say my cold is better. Hope you are enjoying your
visit, kind regards to Mrs. Carlisle & daughter and yourself and ? E. I. J.
1) 6th February 1908 Postmark Crossgar to Miss Sara Jamison, c/o Mrs.
Carlile, Downpatrick, Saintfield - We had a fairly good night. The cooks &
Grandmother looked well & sang it well, it wasn't crowded the most of them
was children, we got out about 8.30. Glad to hear that Mrs. C. has got
alright, hope all up & is well. My finger is sometimes very painful yet.
from Gracey. There is going to be a speaker from Hollywood at Listooder that
will ? it. I did not see anyone last night, just what I thought. hope this
will find you well.
2) 26th September 1908 Postmark Antrim to Mrs. Dales, Fairview, Saintfield -
Dear Mrs. Dales, Expect to be in St.field on Monday by 5.20 train. Hope you
are very well. H. C. D. 26/9/08
3) 9th November 1908 Postmark Lisburn to Miss H. Carlisle, Downpatrick
Street, Saintfield, Co. Down. - Drumra House, Monday, Dear J, I will be down
for Lily tomorrow Evg. I am sure she will be looking forward to come for the
party. Your Cousin Louis or Louie you can have her ready
4) 31st December 1908 Postmark Dromore to Miss Lily Carlisle, c/o Mrs. H. H.
Carlisle, Saintfield, Co. Down - Wishing you a Happy New Year. Bob
1) 25th August 1913 Postmark Dromore to Miss J. Carlisle, Downpatrick
Street, Saintfield, Co. Down - Dromore, Monday. Dear Lillie, I received the
parcel all right. Will all be delighted to see you on Thursday but I should
like to hear from you before that, Best love, From Ena
1) 13th December 1914 S. S. Somerset to Miss Lily Carlisle, Downpatrick
Street, Saintfield, Co. Down, Ireland - Dear Lily, This is a card of the
first place we stopped. Isn't it a pretty place, the natives are like
Darkies, they are so brown, it is a great fruit place. I'm sure you would
like to be away. So much nice fruit. I know I would. Hope Aunt & all at home
are quite well. I will write when we land & get a settled address. Jeannie
1) Miss Evelyn Dale, 8 Lindem Gardens, Cliptdon (Clifton?)
2) 24th August maybe 1907? Postmark Ballynahinch to Mrs. Dales, Fair View,
Saintfield - Mrs. Martin & I intend reading do een on Tuesday afternoon if
et es fine. Hoping you will be at home. Yours (Asy)?